Future Fears

12:00:00 pm

I used to think I'd earned a gold medal when it comes to patience but recent events this month have proved otherwise. But can we really be all that patient? Hmmm, I'm still in the process of finding out. How's February been for you? So far, mine has been strenuous but I always had my blog and you, my awesome readers in mind.

Lately, I've been absorbed in catching up with a couple of TV series I follow and in the process, something struck me. To be exact, let me list the series I watch;

  • Game of Thrones
  • Empire
  • Power
  • Suits
  • Scandal
  • Orange is the New Black
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • 2 Broke Girls
  • Teen Wolf
That should be all, I think. Lol! Anyway, as much as these series have diverse plots and casts, there seemed to be one recurring and common theme among them. There's always that one lesbian, gay or bisexual character. I used to overlook it but then it started getting more worrisome. 



TV series aside, what about cartoons? I watch a lot of cartoons. Anything Disney has my heart. Frozen isn't an exception. What I loved about it was the fact that there was no Prince Charming. For once, a Disney princess stood for self love. But when rumors started making the rounds that there would be a sequel and Elsa would have a 'girlfriend', I became really disturbed. I PRAY it's just what it is, a rumor and nothing more.

Now, what is the media selling to us? I agree that there is a LGBT(Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) community and I respect them as a part of the human race. What I have a problem with is when the media tries to portray their lifestyle as normal. Are we back to the Biblical times of Sodom and Gomorrah? 

It makes me wonder how the next 20 years would be like? Growing up, our parents used to warn us as girls to be weary of boys and most boys undoubtedly had evident crushes on girls. But with the way things are going, am I as a parent in the near future going to encourage my daughter to be close friends with more boys, and my son to bring more of girls home as friends? Just to be 100% assured of their sexuality/sexual preferences? What type of TV/online shows would be airing then? It's indeed disturbing!

As a teenager, I watched TV series like Passions, When You Are Mine, Second Chance etc and I cannot recall any gay character. Imagine what today's teenagers are being fed? Indeed, I fear for the future. Can peculiar sexual preferences be cured? Is it a sort of hormonal imbalance? I need to do my findings.

Am I the only one experiencing such worries? Do you sometimes imagine what the world would be like in the next 20 years? Feel free to share your thoughts below. Your feedback makes me smile.

I wish you all a stress-free week ahead.

Evita,xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts