Floral & Fringe.

9:45:00 am

Hello lovelies! Welcome back to my blog. I had to look at my calendar twice today to make sure today's date was correct. Omg! September is almost gone. Like it all happened in 2 weeks. This time really waits for no one oh! Anywho, how have you all been? Thank God another weekend is here. Hopefully, you'll get to rest a bit. I've been doing well over here. Trying to juggle quite a few things at the same time and I barely get enough sleep at night because that's when I work and concentrate better. Sometimes, I wonder how I function during the daytime but I guess it's my nature. Now, on to today's post.


 Firstly, I'm really glad that I'm making the most use of what I have to put up my style posts. The thing is, you have to maximize the little you have till you get to your desired destination. There's no such thing as perfect timing. Start NOW. That being said, I'd like to appreciate all the support and encouragement shown in my first style post here , y'all are the real mvps. 



So today's outfit is a casual one. It's something you can wear to work on a Friday and to hangout with friends. I got this flared pants as a gift and at it was love at first sight. I began dreaming of a million and one ways to style it and this is one of them. 


I simply paired it with a sleeveless floral top and tucked it in to give the outfit an illusion of a jumpsuit. Then again, I love to tuck in a lot so I grabbed the opportunity.lol.


I wanted to give the look a little bit of edge and colour so I opted for my brown fringe bag and vintage sandals. Fringe items are making a lot of appearances in the fashion scene of recent, ranging from shoes, dresses, jackets, kimonos, just name it. I'm pretty sure other colours like red would have worked but I wanted to keep the outfit in a neutral pallet. I like to play it safe with colours but I'm trying to mix things up a bit these days.



I kept my accessories minimal with just a bracelet, wrist watch and petal shaped earrings to match my top. If there's one thing I can't be caught without, it's a wrist watch. It just gives me this sense of urgency and responsibility...can't really explain it.


The sun was giving me so much life in this shoot and I didn't do a lot of editing coz we all know the sun is your best filter. Hehe! 


I'm a proud repeat offender so best believe y'all are going to see these pants make quite a few appearances here. My sandals are thrifted, same as my top and handbag. I love thrift shopping yo! That's where the most unique things are found and for unbelievably affordable prices.  


A big shout out to my darling friend Ebere for taking me these amazing pictures. I'm yet to find a photographer and I'm still working on that. 

So tell me, do you like my outfit? What would you change about it? Is it something you'd try out? I'd love to hear how you'd style the different pieces put together. Please feel free to leave me your comments in the comments section below. It's always a pleasure hearing from you.

You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat. Click on the icons on the top right side of this page to do so.

Have a beautiful weekend.
xo, Evita.

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great outfit! You're blessed to have lovely friends who can take such lovely pictures.

      Funmi xx
      funmialabi.co.uk

      Delete
    2. You know this! Thanks a lot Funmi. ☺

      Delete
  2. I have truly missed you. If at any point you decide that you are tired of your bag or should, just hala at ur girl. Lol

    www.dleonalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed you too hun! Good to have you back. Worry not, the bag and sandal are all urs.😜

      Delete
  3. Brown is a cute colour. Love the look and yes your pants!
    A Moment of Excited Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to think I didn't fancy brown before. Thanks a lot Olaa!

      Delete
  4. I love it. The purse and sandals match so perfectly.

    www.toyinwithfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pants, look so good and yes time is waiting for no one
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww you look gorgeous I love the whole outfit you pair it so nicely like a great lady it always nice to come in here there is always great stuff stay pretty and beautiful

    Yanikeur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much darl! I always appreciate your comments.

      Delete
  7. Love your pants. Your sandals and fringe purse really compliment the whole look. Thrifted ideas are so cool.
    My Style Look Book Series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Praise. You're so right about thrifted ideas. Its good to have you here. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Popular Posts